Top 9 Allergen Free!
Confession: I never ate beans growing up. This savory and rich stew has converted me to a bean lover. A fantastic choice for a delicious comfort food.
Beans and Bacon Oh My!
Click Here to download the recipe in PDF
Yields: 4 Servings Level: Apprentice Type: Main Time: 30min
- 8 Slices of Chopped Bacon
- 2 TLB Minced Garlic
- 1 TLB Dried Rosemary
- 1 TLB Dried Basil
- ¼ TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TLB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cans (15.5 oz each) White Beans (Butter or Cannellini) drained
- ½ TSP Salt
- ½ TSP Pepper
- 1 Large Saucepan
- 1 Large Spoon
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cup
1. Place your large saucepan over medium-high heat and add in your chopped bacon. Cook and stir occasionally until the bacon is crispy about 5 minutes.
2. Add the minced garlic, rosemary, basil and apple cider vinegar into the saucepan with the bacon. Stir for 30 seconds.
3. Pour the chicken broth into the saucepan. Cook and stir occasionally for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the beans, salt and pepper. The broth should just cover the beans.
5. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until the liquid has thickened into a stew consistency.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
7. You can store this meal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and up to 6 months in the freezer.
Tips: Add vegetables such as peas and carrots for all in one meal!
You can serve this stew over pasta, rice or spaghetti squash.
Tricks: If you are using dry beans, soak them in water overnight. Increase the cooking time for the beans from approximately 15 minutes to 45 minutes or until beans are tender.