Top 9 Allergen Free!
You can have this wonderful moist Banana Bread for dessert, snack or breakfast!
Click here to download the recipe in PDF.
You can watch me make the Banana Bread here.
Level: Apprentice Category: Dessert Time: 1 Hour Yields: 1 Loaf Pan
Moist and a delicious balance of banana flavor make this a great bread for breakfast or a treat! Worth the cooking time!
- 1 ½ Cups Mashed Ripe Bananas (approximately 3 large bananas)
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour plus
- 2 Tsp of Xanthan gum if it is not included in your flour mixture
- ½ Cup Allergy Friendly Milk of your choice
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 9×5 Non-Stick Bread Loaf Pan
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Fork or Potato Masher
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Spoon
- Tin Foil
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- In your large mixing bowl mashed the bananas until there are very few small lumps.
- Combine the GF flour, allergy friendly milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until all the ingredients well combined.
- Add in the brown sugar and stir until to incorporate it into the batter. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your bread pan and top with a foil tent for 35-40 minutes. Remove the foil tent and cook for another 20-24 minutes. Test to see if is ready by inserting a toothpick which should come out clean.
- Allow to cool in your pan for 5 minutes then carefully take out and place on a cooling rack.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before you slice and eat!
You can use a potato masher for ease of mashing the bananas on a flat surface.
Add in Cinnamon or Chocolate Chips for a fun twist!
Adapted from Petite Allergy Treats