Top 9 Allergen Free!
The classic chocolate chip cookie transformed into quick and easy bars! So yummy!
Click Here to download the recipe in PDF.
Yields: 12 bars Level: Apprentice Type: Dessert Time: 30min
- 4 TLB Allergen Friendly Butter at Room Temp
- ¼ Cup Oil
- ½ Cup Brown Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- Magic Egg Replacer (3TLB of oil, 1TLB water & 1TSP baking powder mixed together)
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- ¼ TSP Salt
- 1 ½ Cups GF Flour without Xanthan Gum (you can replace w/reg flour)
- ½ TSP Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Nonstick Spray
- Mixer Stand or Hand Held
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 Small Bowl
- 1 8×10 Baking Pan
- 1 Large Spoon or Spatula
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine the allergen safe butter, oil, vanilla, salt and both sugars using your mixer until well combined.
- Add in your magic egg replacer! Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix on medium speed until the flour is mixed well into the dough. If the dough feels too stiff add a bit of water until you have a ball of cookie dough.
- Add chocolate chips and mix on low speed or by hand. Mix until the chips are combined into the dough.
- Spray your baking pan with nonstick spray or you can lightly coat with your allergen free butter.
- Spread the batter into your pan evenly.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. The top should be light golden brown.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes and cut into squares.
Tip: You can store your cookies at room temperature or in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Tricks: You can make your own slice and bake cookie dough. Roll the dough into a log shape then wrap it up in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. You can store the dough in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or the freezer for up to 12 months.
You can even eat the dough because there are no eggs! 🙂