Top 9 Allergen Free!
Rich chocolate paired with the sweetness of strawberries is divine!
Click here if you want to download the recipe in PDF format.
Yields: 12 Strawberries
12 Fresh Strawberries
1 Cup of Allergy Friendly Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life)
1 Chopping Knife
1 Cutting Board
1 Medium Microwave Safe Bowl
1 Spoon for Stirring
2 Spoons for Dipping
1 Medium Sheet Pan
1. Line your Medium sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Rinse and pat dry your strawberries. If you do not want the top green parts to the strawberries then you may cut them off. Set aside.
3. Put your allergy friendly chocolate chips in your microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave at 30 second intervals stirring after each 30 second period until chocolate chips are fully melted.
4. Take your strawberries and using two spoons place each one point side down into your melted chocolate. Roll the strawberry between the two spoons to evenly coat on all sides. You may also hold the strawberry by the stem and swirl it into the melted chocolate.
5. Place the chocolate covered strawberries on your sheet pan.
6. Place the pan in your refrigerator until the chocolate is set about ½ an hour. Chocolate covered strawberries will last up to 3 days in an airtight container in a refrigerator.
Tip: You can insert a bamboo skewer half way into the strawberry to make dipping it into the chocolate a bit easier.
Trick: Adding 1 teaspoon of allergy friendly shortening will make the chocolate appear glossy.