Chocolate Funbutter Eggs
Top 9 Allergen Free!
These are a great take on the classic chocolate and peanut butter eggs. Peanut butter cups were my favorite candy and now I have these as a perfect replacement. You can make them any shape or size!
Click Here to download a PDF version of the recipe.
Level: Apprentice Category: Dessert/Treat Time: 30 minutes Yields: 4 Large eggs
- 2 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1 Cup of Sunbutter
- 2 TLB Allergen Friendly Butter (Earths Balance)
- 2 TSP Vanilla
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/2 Cup of GF Confectionary Sugar
- 3 Medium Microwave Safe Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 Spoons to Mix
- 1 Silicon Mold Pan or Muffin Pan with liners
- Have your silicon mold pan or lined muffin pan ready.
- Place 1 cup of chocolate chips in each of the two microwave safe bowls.
- Heat the first bowl of chocolate chips in your microwave for 1 minute. Take out and stir until the chocolate chips are fully melted. Heat by 10 second increments if chocolate chips will not fully melt.
- If using silicon molds spoon 2 tablespoons of chocolate in each mold. If using muffin tin pour enough chocolate to fill ¼ of the way from the bottom. Using the back of your spoon gently spread the chocolate to coat the sides.
- Place your mold/tray in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until chocolate hardens.
- Place your sunbutter and allergy friendly butter in the second microwave bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Take out and stir to combine.
- Add in vanilla, confectionary sugar and salt into the sunbutter mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Take out mold/tray with the hardened chocolate. Place your sunbutter mixture in each of the chocolate cups filling half way up. Place your pan back in the refrigerator for minimum of 10 minutes.
- Melt your second bowl of chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir to fully melt your chocolate chips.
- Take out your tray from the refrigerator and top off each cup/egg with the melted chocolate.
- Place back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. They will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Take out and Enjoy!
Tip: You can substitute all different nut or seed butters for the sunbutter depending on your allergen needs.
Tip: You can use any size lined containers to make this treat. Just layer in a ratio of ¼ chocolate, ½ sunbutter and top with ¼ chocolate.
Trick: You can take an allergy friendly pie/cookie crust and then layer the chocolate, sunbutter and chocolate again for a Chocolate Funbutter Pie!
Trick: If you want to add some crunch you can add ¼ cup GF rice cereal into the sunbutter mixture.