Top 9 Allergen Free!
This is a great chocolate flavor that is not too sweet. It is great on top of my Doubly Decadent Chocolate Cake.
Click here to download the recipe PDF.
Level: Apprentice Category: Dessert/Treat Time: 15 minutes Yields: 1 ¼ cups or enough to frost 1 x 8-inch single layer cake
- 1 Mixer or a hand held mixer
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Set of dry measuring cups
- 1 Set of measuring spoons
- 1 Cup Allergen Friendly Butter Softened (Earths Balance has many varieties)
- 2 Cups of confectionary sugar
- 1/3 Cup of cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1-3 Tablespoons Water
- Add all the ingredients to your mixing bowl. Mix on a low speed to combine all the ingredients.
- Once all ingredients are combined, mix at a medium high speed until the frosting is smooth and fluffy. Add water if the mixture is too stiff.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to a month.
- The frosting will need to be at room temperature for ease of frosting.
Tip: Make sure and place your mixer on a low speed to begin mixing your frosting. This will prevent the sugar and cocoa from coming out of the bowl.
Trick: You can add in an additional ¼ cup of cocoa for a deeper chocolate flavor.