Top 9 Allergen Free!
This is one of my all-time favorites! Comfort food with great flavors.
Click here to download the recipe in PDF.
Level: Apprentice Category: Main Time: 20 min Yields: 3 servings
- 3 cooked chicken breasts
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chopped frozen onions
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ⅓ cup chopped frozen carrots
- ⅓ cup frozen peas
- ⅓ cup frozen plain diced hash brown potatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Chopping knife
- 1 Large sauté pan (4+ quart)
- 1 Large spoon
- 3 Small Freezer & Microwave
- storage containers
- Using the Cutting board & Chopping knife, cut your cooked chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- Melt the butter or vegetable oil in your Large pan over Medium heat.
- Stir in onions and cook for 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add your gluten free flour and stir continually for 2 minutes for a smooth consistency.
- Slowly add the chicken stock to the flour while continuously stirring to avoid lumps.
- Cook the mixture on Medium heat for a total of 10 minutes and scraping down the side of the pan as needed.
- Add your chicken pieces, carrots, peas and potatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes until hot and bubbling.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Take off heat and cool.
- Divide equally into 3 Freezer & Microwave containers for storage. Place in freezer.
Tip: You can add any leftover bite sized vegetables of your choice.