Top 9 Allergen Free!
This is an unbelievable chocolate cake with chocolate chips throughout for extra bursts of chocolate flavor. It is one of my favorite recipes!
Click here to download the recipe PDF.
You can add Allergen Friendly Classic Chocolate Frosting
Level: Apprentice Category: Dessert/Treat Time: 40 minutes Yields: 1x 8-inch single layer cake
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour without xanthan gum (Bobs Red Mill Bob’s Red Mill gluten free All-purpose baking flour)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup cold water
- ¾ cup mini allergy friendly chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- Baking Spray to coat bottom of pan
- 1 set dry measuring cups
- 1 set measuring spoons
- 1 liquid measuring cup
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 large spoon
- 1 8-inch round or square cake pan
- 1 cooling rack
- Preheat your oven to 350°. If using a dark pan reduce oven temperature to 345°.
- Spray or grease your 8-inch baking pan and put aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, xanthan gum, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda& salt) in your large mixing bowl.
- Pour in your liquid ingredients (canola oil, vanilla, vinegar & cold water) and your chocolate chips. Mix all the ingredients together until just combined.
- Pour the batter into an 8-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 5 minutes then continue to cool on a cake rack.
Tips: Top with my classic chocolate frosting. It is delicious!
Trick: You can also make 12 cupcakes. Bake them for 15 minutes.
*Adapted from All Recipes http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-chocolate-cake/