A blend between my Yellow Cake and Cakes to give a Fan favorite – the Marble cake!
Click Here to download PDF.
|Journeyman||Dessert||35 minutes||1 8-inch single layer cake|
- ¾ cups gluten free flour without xanthan gum (Bobs Red Mill)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup cold water
Yellow Cake mix
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (Bobs Red Mill)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Dairy Free Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Applesauce
- 1 set dry measuring cups
- 1 set measuring spoons
- 1 liquid measuring cup
- 2 large mixing bowls
- 1 large spoon or whisk
- 1 8-inch round or square cake pan or loaf pan
- 1 cooling rack
- Timer or Clock
- Oven Mitts
- Parchment paper or GF Butter or spray
- Preheat your oven to 350°. If using a dark pan reduce oven temperature to 340°.
- Line your pan with parchment paper or spray / grease your loaf pan or 8-inch baking pan and put aside.
- Combine the Chocolate Mix in one bowl and then put aside
- Combine the Chocolate Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt) in your large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the Chocolate Mix liquid ingredients (oil, vanilla, vinegar & cold water). Mix all the ingredients together until just combined.
- Put aside until ready to mix with the completed Yellow Cake mixture before cooking
- Combine the Yellow Cake Mix in the other bowl
- Combine the Yellow Cake dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda & salt) in your second large mixing bowl.
- Add the Dairy Free milk, vanilla extract, oil, vinegar and applesauce and mix using a hand whisk or spoon until all the lumps are gone. If a few small lumps remain, that’s fine.
- Pour the Yellow Cake batter into your pan until the pan is half full.
- Pour ¼ cup of chocolate cake mixture in a line down the center of the cake.
- Placing a knife halfway down into the batter and use a back and forth motion to create a swirl between the chocolate and yellow cake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer cake to cooling rack and leave for at least 5 minutes before eating.
Tip: It will make a more distinct difference between the Yellow and Chocolate cakes if you swirl the knife once. For a more blended mixture swirl the knife more.
Tip: You can substitute lemon juice for apple cider vinegar