Muddy Buddies are a HUGE hit! They are also no bake. The combination of the crunch of cereal, chocolate and sweet sugar and seed or nut butter is AH-Mazing.
Click here to download the recipe in PDF
Level: Apprentice Category: Snack Time: 20 Min Yields: 4 cups
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal®
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life)
- ¼ Cup Nut or Seed Butter of your choice
- 2 TLB Dairy Free Butter (Earths Balance)
- ½ TSP Salt
- 2 TSP Vanilla
- 1 Cup Confectionary Sugar
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoon
- Large Microwave Safe Bowl
- Large Spoon
- Large Ziploc Bag 1 Gallon
- Large Airtight Bowl (optional for storage)
- Place the chocolate chips, nut or seed butter, salt and dairy free butter in a microwave safe large bowl. Microwave uncovered on high uncovered for 1 minute and then stir. If it is not fully melted continue to microwave at 30 second intervals until the mixture can be stirred to a creamy consistency.
- Stir in vanilla. Add in the Chex® cereal. Stir gently to fully coat the cereal.
- Pour ½ cup of the confectionary sugar into your large resealable Ziploc bag. Place all of your cereal mixture into the bag and then add on the top the additional ½ cup of confectionary sugar.
- Seal the bag well. Shake the bag until all the cereal is coated with the sugar. If all the cereal is not fully coated then open the bag and add more sugar. Reseal the bag and shake until fully coated. I like to shake over the sink in case any sugar is released.
- You can leave your mixture in the bag to store or scoop it out into a bowl to serve or airtight container to store at room temperature.
- To make a whole box of cereal just double the recipe!
- You can substitute butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips.
- Store the mixture in the refrigerator or even the freezer. They taste great cold!
- You can substitute mint extract instead of vanilla.
- Add in sprinkles to add a festive flair!