Oobleck is the coolest as it can transition from a solid to a liquid just by using your hands. It is so much fun to play with.. ahem… I mean for the kids of course 🙂 !
Simple to make!
Click here to download the recipe in PDF.
- 1 ½ Cups Cornstarch (can substitute Tapioca Starch)
- 1 Cup of Water
- Food Coloring (2-3 drops) or liquid watercolors (optional) * see note about food coloring
- Large Mixing Bowl or Large Container
- Large Spoon
- Apron or Large Shirt if using food coloring to protect clothing
- Wax Paper
- Mix the cornstarch and water (if using food coloring or watercolor mix it in with the water before you add it into your large bowl or container. Mix until well combined.
- You can play with the oobleck in the bowl or large container. When you squish it will become a solid when you squish it and a liquid when you release it. You can do this over and over.
*Note on Food Coloring: Traditional food coloring will stain so be careful. You may also use liquid watercolor paint.
- Use a large plastic container and make a double batch for group play!
- You can add glitter to make your oobleck sparkle!