Rice Play Dough
This is a fun project for kids. You can choose to add coloring to create Play Dough in your favorite colors.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (this does not contain dairy)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Food coloring, if desired
- 1 Medium Pot
- 1 Large Pot
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 Measuring Cup
- Mix all the ingredients in a pot. Place Pot on your cooktop.
- Cook and stir on low heat for 3 minutes or until the mixture forms a ball.
- Put on a cool dry surface. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Knead the dough for a minute.
- Cool completely before storing in a sealable plastic bag or airtight container.
Tip: You can add ½ teaspoon of vanilla to give it a nice smell.
Trick: You can add sparkles in step 3 while kneading the dough. This will give your Play Dough a magical shimmer!