Top 9 Allergen Free!
A delicious vegetable that has it own natural sweetness. Roasting the squash is worth the extra time for a richer flavor.
Click Here to download the recipe in PDF.
Yields: 4 Side Servings Level: Apprentice Type: Vegetable Dish Time: 45min
- 1 Whole Butternut Squash
- 2 TBL Olive Oil
- 1 Chopping Knife
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 Vegetable Peeler
- 1 Roasting Pan or Baking Sheet
- 1 Spatula or Tongs
- Oven Mitts
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Cut your squash into 2 halves and scoop out the seeds or peel your squash and cut up the squash into 1-inch pieces.
- Place your butternut squash in the pan. Coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If using the cut halves, place cut side up in the pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes for cut pieces stirring them with a spatula halfway through cooking. If roasting in two halves, bake for 30-35 minutes until fork tender.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes and then serve or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days.
Tip: After you coat your squash with olive oil, you can add a sprinkle of garlic powder for a savory flavor or a sprinkle of brown sugar for a sweeter taste.
Trick: You can line your pan with parchment paper for ease of clean-up.