Top Taco Salad Meal
Top 9 Allergen Free!
A festive and filling Mexican Meal. You can get creative with the topping of your choice.
Click here to download the recipe in PDF.
Level: Apprentice Category: Main Time: 35 minutes Yields: 4 Servings
Taco Beef Base
- 1 ½ pounds of Ground Beef or Turkey
- ¼ Cup Frozen or Fresh Chopped Onion
- 2 TLB Minced Garlic
- 1 TLB Chili Powder
- 1 TLB Cumin
- ¼ TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TSP Salt
- ½ TSP Pepper
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups Chopped Lettuce
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Cups GF Tortilla Chips
- 2 Cups Allergen Friendly Cheese (Daiya)
- 1 Cup Beans (Optional)
- 1 Large Saucepan
- 1 Large Spoon
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cup
- Place your large saucepan over medium-high heat and add in your chopped onion. Cook and stir occasionally until the onion is translucent 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef minced garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper into the saucepan. Stir occasionally on medium high heat until beef is fully browned.
- Pour the chicken broth into the saucepan. Cook and stir occasionally until most of the chicken broth has cooked off.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide up the lettuce on 4 dishes and then top each dish with an equal portion of your taco beef. Then place the toppings of your choice on top.
- You can store the taco beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and up to 5 months in the freezer.
Tip: You can substitute beans for the protein to make it a vegetarian dish! You can use water instead of chicken broth.
Tip: Add any toppings you wish such as jalapeño peppers, scallions, salsa, guacamole and corn.
Tricks: Using a taco bowl shell (check the ingredients) for fun and festive feel. You can also place all the toppings out and let everyone create their own salad creations. A Taco Salad Bar!