Vanilla Ice Cream
Top 9 Allergen Free!
A cool and dreamy vanilla ice cream recipe you can make at home. No ice cream machine required!
Click Here to download PDF.
Level: Apprentice Category: Dessert Time: 3 hours Yields: 6 cups
- 3 Cups dairy free milk (vanilla or plain)
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Oil (Canola, Avocado, Vegetable)
- 3 TSP Vanilla Extract
- ¼ TSP Salt
- Blender or mixer (hand held or stand up)
- Large Bowl (if using a hand-held mixer)
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Spatula or Large Spoon
- Airtight Container Large
- Place your dairy free milk and sugar in your blender (or bowl) and blend for 1 minute.
- Continue to blend while adding in the oil in a steady stream until well combined for 1 minute.
- Add in the vanilla and salt and blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour your mixture into a freezer safe airtight container(s). Place in freezer and take out every 30 minutes for 3 hours to break up frozen sections by stirring vigorously.
- You will have soft serve ice cream texture in about 3 hours and hard ice cream after 5 hours.
Tip: You can place the liquid mixture into an ice cream machine instead of the freeze and stir method.
Tip: You can use different types of milks such as coconut, nut, pea and soy according to your allergen needs. You can even use allergy friendly creamers for a thicker consistency.
Trick: If you want to mix in adds such as chocolate chips, cookie bits, sprinkles or fruit chunks stir in after you have finished blending in the vanilla and salt.
Trick: You can switch out the vanilla and add your favorite flavoring such as mint.